Posted to dev@struts.apache.org by Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> on 2004/02/10 18:40:55 UTC

deprecate org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ErrorsTag?

There's been quite a bit of confusion on the struts-user list this
week about the relationships between ActionErrors, ActionMessages,
html:errors, and html:messages.

Is there any reason not to deprecate
org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ErrorsTag and slate it for future
removal, to remove one more piece from the puzzle?

Joe

--
Joe Germuska
Joe@Germuska.com

Re: deprecate org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ErrorsTag?

Posted by David Graham <gr...@yahoo.com>.
--- Joe Germuska <Jo...@Germuska.com> wrote:
> There's been quite a bit of confusion on the struts-user list this
> week about the relationships between ActionErrors, ActionMessages,
> html:errors, and html:messages.
>
> Is there any reason not to deprecate
> org.apache.struts.taglib.html.ErrorsTag and slate it for future
> removal, to remove one more piece from the puzzle?

The errors tag provides a way to display a message in one line instead of
the 3 or more required by the messages tag.  So, I'm -1 on deprecating
errors but I do think we should come up with a way to get the best of both
into one tag.

David