Posted to user@spark.apache.org by maxpar <hl...@gmail.com> on 2014/03/19 20:56:36 UTC

spark 0.8 examples in local mode

Hi folks,

I have just upgrade to Spark 0.8.1, and try some examples like:
    ./run-example org.apache.spark.examples.SparkHdfsLR local lr_data.txt 3

It turns out that Spark keeps trying to read the file from HDFS other than
local FS:
    Client: Retrying connect to server: Node1/192.168.0.101:9000. Already
tried 0 time(s)

Is there anything I am missing in configurations or the way I specified the
path?

Thanks,

Max

Re: spark 0.8 examples in local mode

Posted by maxpar <hl...@gmail.com>.
Just figure it out. I need to add a "file://" in URI. I guess it is not
needed in previous Hadoop versions.