Posted to dev@tuscany.apache.org by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> on 2008/07/14 07:57:55 UTC

Builder fixes for 1.3

I'm working on some builder fixes to handle various promotion cases
correctly.  I have a clean build out of my local copy with the
changes, and I'd like to get them in to the next 1.3 RC if possible.
I should be ready to check them in later today.

   Simon

Re: Builder fixes for 1.3

Posted by Simon Laws <si...@googlemail.com>.
On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 8:48 PM, Simon Nash <na...@apache.org> wrote:

> ant elder wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2008 at 6:05 AM, Simon Nash <nash@apache.org <mailto:
>> nash@apache.org>> wrote:
>>
>>    ant elder wrote:
>>

>>        On Tue, Jul 15, 2008 at 7:21 AM, Simon Nash <nash@apache.org
>>        <ma...@apache.org> <mailto:nash@apache.org
>>
>>        <ma...@apache.org>>> wrote:
>>
>>           Simon Nash wrote:
>>
>>               ant elder wrote:
>>
>>                   Luckily i started RC2 last night but then decided to
>>        finish
>>                   it off this morning so there's still time to get that
>> in.
>>
>>               Thanks.  I'm about to get on a plane so I won't have
>>               connectivity for the
>>               check-in until I land at LAX later today.  The long
>>        flight will
>>               give me
>>               plenty of time to review and regression test the changes,
>> but
>>               the downside
>>               is that I won't be able to do the commit until some time
>>        around
>>               midnight
>>               UK time.  I hope this doesn't cause too much of a problem.
>>
>>           I'm sorry to report that this is still not ready.  I'm seeing a
>>           failure in
>>           one of the samples with my changes applied.  Please go ahead
>> with
>>           the next
>>           1.3 RC when you are ready and don't hold it any longer for this.
>>

>>        Is this fix something that must get in to the 1.3 release or is
>>        leaving it till 1.3.1 ok? If it must be in 1.3 then i'd like to
>>        hold off making the next 1.3 release candidate till the fix is
>>        available, mainly to avoid release review fatigue. Does this
>>        sound ok?
>>
>>    Sorry for the delay in responding.  I am in OASIS meetings this week
>> and
>>    I have very limited opportunity to work on this problem or to read
>>    email.
>>    I'm still trying to determine the cause of the sample regression, and I
>>    can't say how long it will take.  Given the uncertainty, I don't think
>>    we should delay the 1.3 release to get this in.
>>
>>     Simon
>>

>> You have a little more time now if that helps as we've another problem
>> (TUSCANY-2480) reported on the 1.3 release which we need to fix. And I am
>> also out for the next few days. Current plan is to make an RC2 next Tuesday,
>> see http://apache.markmail.org/message/txfc3dogpec3hcyw
>>
>>   ...ant
>>
>>  This is going a lot better now and I just managed to get a full build to
> pass on my private checkout with my changes.  I should definitely be able
> to get my changes checked into the 1.3 branch before Tuesday.
>
>  Simon

Also Simon N has unearthed TUSCANY-2484 while fixing and testing other
builder issues. Would be good to get that done so I'm looking at that now.
I'll give a prognosis when I know.

Simon

Re: Builder fixes for 1.3

Posted by Simon Nash <na...@apache.org>.