Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Eric Boudrand <eb...@yahoo.fr> on 2005/11/08 16:42:12 UTC

Passing options to the JVM at startup

Hi,

I am using tomcat 5.5.12. I would like to debug a servlet from Eclipse. I
am using ObjectWeb Lomboz 1.0.0. I am trying to pass "-Xdebug
-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y, suspend=n" to the
JVM. There is no catanila.bat file, so I use tomcat5w. In "Java" tab, I
added in "Java Options" :
--JvmOptions "-Xdebug;-Xrunjdwp:transport=dt_socket,address=8000,server=y,
suspend=n"

But when I start debug session, I have the message : "Failed to connect to
remote VM. Connection refused." Is that way for configuring tomcat
start-up correct ?

Regard

Eric