Posted to users@royale.apache.org by Tiaan <ti...@netsys.aero> on 2019/04/08 14:14:51 UTC

missing mxmlc.jar

Hi,

I have managed to get Royale fully compiled with the helpful people on
this list. Or let me say, I can see no errors anymore when compiling and
all shows success.

However, when trying to run mxmlc I get a missing mxmlc.jar

[tiaan@nsdv64 royale-asjs]$ ./js/bin/mxmlc --help
Using Royale Compiler codebase: ./js/bin/../..
Using Royale SDK: ./js/bin/../..
Error: Unable to access jarfile ./js/bin/../lib/mxmlc.jar

Trying to find this file in any of compiler, typedefs or asjs yields
nothing though. Does anyone have some insights on this ?

Thanks

--
NetSys International
Tel: +27 12 349-2056

Re: missing mxmlc.jar

Posted by Carlos Rovira <ca...@apache.org>.
Hi Tiaan

maybe I'm not understanding ok, but are you referring to the need of set
the path in your environment vars to call mxmlc from anywhere?

--
Carlos Rovira
http://about.me/carlosrovira

Re: missing mxmlc.jar

Posted by Piotr Zarzycki <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Tiaan,

If you build Apache Royale by Maven and would like to use it in IDE you
won't be able to cause Maven do not produce binary distribution. There is
parameter which force Maven to do that, but results which you get allows
you to in the best case code completion works, but not build of your app.

You have following option here:
1) You can prepare for your application pom.xml file which builds your app
2) Build Royale framework using ant which is able to produce binary
distribution for IDE

Why actually you are trying to build framework? Are you going to fix
something?

Thanks,
Piotr

***UNCHECKED*** Re: missing mxmlc.jar

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
Hi,

What steps did you use to compile Royale?  Did you use Maven or Ant?  If you used Maven, it does not set up for command-line, only for Maven.

HTH,
-Alex

    https://nam04.safelinks.protection.outlook.com/?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.netsys.aero&amp;data=02%7C01%7Caharui%40adobe.com%7C63447684606a4afae70008d6bcb2b6f4%7Cfa7b1b5a7b34438794aed2c178decee1%7C0%7C1%7C636903873103346491&amp;sdata=LXD4ahdo%2BRGPJiTgq78ASRwsueeDopi%2BCOpkeEwNpI4%3D&amp;reserved=0