Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by giacomo <gi...@apache.org> on 2001/07/02 21:25:02 UTC

Re: [HELP] Upgrade to Cocoon 2 and why incompatible with Cocoon 1.82

On Sat, 30 Jun 2001, Frans Thamura wrote:

Dear Frans

If you were reading this list a bid more carefully you should have been
aware that Cocoon 2 (as the major version change will indicates) will
break backward compatability by some ways. I don't know the problems you
are facing (and I don't know if I'd like to know'em after your
provocative last mail).

Cocoon 2 has taken a major architetural redesing over Cocooon 1.8. You
are not obligated to take the move to Cocoon 2 at all. You will find
some good documentation (IMHO) at http://xml.apache.org/cocoon2 which
makes you familiar with the architecture and the way you should use it.

Cheers

Giacomo