Posted to dev@helix.apache.org by Ayola Jayamaha <ay...@gmail.com> on 2014/06/01 07:43:09 UTC

Re: [gsoc][dashboard]Collaboration with hawt.io dashboard community

Hi,
I wanted to know if Helix has JMX because if there's a JMX API for helix
then it's easy to use the jolokia client in JavaScript to query the data &
invoke operations. But we can use Helix REST API to create the hawtio
dashboard. So I will continue to use the existing REST API for the
dashboard development. Is it ok Kanak?

If there is any problem I will provide you with a patch(pull request). I
will create the dashboard in a separate module without introducing new
dependencies.

Thanks

Posted by Kanak Biscuitwala <ka...@hotmail.com>.
Yes, that sounds good, thanks for clarifying. We don't have a JMX API, so I recommend continuing with the REST API and you're certainly free to extend it if it is incomplete.

Kanak