Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by Mark Beardsley <ma...@tiscali.co.uk> on 2011/04/05 14:11:24 UTC

Re: how to increase maximum hieght of row(409 points)

Sorry to tell you this but there is unlikely to be anything anyone can do as
the 409 limit is imposed by Excel itself. Just to make sure, I opened a
workbook, highlighted a row and tried to increase the height to 1000. This
resulted in the display of an error message informing me that the maximum
height of the row is 409. Have you thought about merging cells from two or
more rows together? Two rows merged would give you a maximum height of 818.

Yours

Mark B

Re: how to increase maximum hieght of row(409 points)

Posted by Mark Beardsley <ma...@tiscali.co.uk>.
I have no idea but would suggest that you try to replicate the problem using
Excel itself rather than with POI. If the problem persists then it is
something to do with Excel rather than POI and the best source for an answer
would be an Excel forum. If you do this test and are able to replicate the
problem, can I ask that you post here please so that we know Excel is the
source of the problem just in case this question crops up again?
Furthermore, if you cannot replicate the problem using Excel, then post here
again please as we will need to look further - it might be one of those
interesting little problems that crops up when you start operating at or
near a limit.

Yours

Mark B