Posted to dev@cayenne.apache.org by Michael Gentry <bl...@gmail.com> on 2017/12/12 01:32:18 UTC

December 2017 Board Report

I need to file this in about 24 hours or so.  Please let me know if you
have any inputs to add to the report.

Thanks!

mrg

# Apache Cayenne Board Report, December 2017

## Description

Apache Cayenne is a Java database persistence framework. It takes a
distinct approach to object persistence and provides an ORM runtime,
remote persistence services, and a cross-platform GUI mapping/modeling
tool.

## Issues

There are no issues requiring board attention at this time.

## Activity

Cayenne has had a busy quarter with 3 releases over 3 different
development streams.

- Cayenne 3.1 (stable)
  - Maintenance only.  Cayenne 3.1.2 is a bug-fix release for the
    current stable product line.

- Cayenne 4.0 (development)
  - The second 4.0 beta (4.0.B2) was released.  The API is frozen,
    barring any major issues, and development effort is only for
    bug fixes and documentation leading up to the final release of
    Cayenne 4.0.

- Cayenne 4.1 (development)
  - The first milestone release of Cayenne 4.1 (4.1.M1) brings many
    wanted features, including vastly improved memory utilization,
    elimination of dependencies on external frameworks, an updated
    Cayenne Modeler cross-platform GUI mapping/modeling tool, and
    Java 8 support.

- Website
  - Work is progressing on an updated website with the goal to make
    it cleaner, more modern, and mobile-friendly.

## Health Report

Cayenne is healthy.  The framework is under active development, as
evidenced by three releases the past quarter.  We have a stable user
and developer community.

## PMC Changes

- Currently 9 PMC members.
- No new PMC members added in the last 3 months.
- Last PMC addition was Nikita Timofeev on Sun Jun 25 2017.

## Committer Base Changes

- Currently 22 committers.
- No new committers added in the last 3 months.
- Last committer addition was Hugi Thordarson at Mon Jun 19 2017.

## Releases

- Cayenne 3.1.2 on Wed Nov 22 2017.
- Cayenne 4.0.B2 on Sat Oct 7 2017.
- Cayenne 4.1.M1 on Sat Oct 14 2017.

## Mailing List Activity

- dev@cayenne.apache.org:
  - 131 subscribers (up 2 in the last 3 months).
  - 97 emails sent to list (81 in previous quarter).

- user@cayenne.apache.org:
  - 249 subscribers (down -4 in the last 3 months).
  - 125 emails sent to list (93 in previous quarter).

## JIRA Activity

- 25 JIRA tickets created in the last 3 months.
- 23 JIRA tickets closed/resolved in the last 3 months.

Re: December 2017 Board Report

Posted by Andrus Adamchik <an...@objectstyle.org>.
Looks good to me.