Posted to dev@hc.apache.org by "cedric.minois@laposte.net" <ce...@laposte.net> on 2003/06/02 18:11:17 UTC

Put method

Hi,

I use PutMethod to upload files. Everything goes ok until
I try to send a big file (~ 150 Mo): I get an OutOfMemoryError.

I use a BufferedInputStream for my RequestBody.

Has anyone already had this kind of error ?

Thanks,

Cedric.

3615 LAPOSTENET (0,34€/mn) ; tél : 08 92 68 13 50 (0,34€/mn)"

Re: Put method

Posted by Michael Becke <be...@u.washington.edu>.
I'm guessing this is happening because the PUT's content length is not
being set.  The request content length must be set to
EntityEnclosingMethod.CONTENT_LENGTH_CHUNKED or to the actual size of
the content to avoid buffering.  If the content length is not specified
the content is buffered to memory in order to determing the length.

Mike