Posted to dev@sling.apache.org by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com> on 2010/09/01 18:00:17 UTC

outstanding Sling 6 issues

I updated the diagram attached to the Towards Sling 6 wiki page. I also
moved some of the outstanding JCR Resource issues out of the next version.

These issues still need to be resolved:

JCR:
* SLING-1548 - Move bundle event handing to Loader; Felix to apply his
patch? (although it no longer applies cleanly)
* SLING-1672 - resourceResolver.listChildren() issue; can be marked as
resolved?

Scripting:
* SLING-1545 - ScriptEngineManagerFactory is not threadsafe

Log:
* SLING-1482 - Commons Log shouldn't export Config Admin

Servlets
* SLING-1069 - Servlets registered with default resource type responds
to all extensions
* SLING-892 - Allow servlets to be regsitered with extensions for all
request methods

SLING-1548 is blocking most of the JCR bundles. I can't really judge the
priorities of the rest of these.

I started to work on adding SQL2 support to the JsonQueryServlet
(SLING-1533) this morning and ran into some trouble. Since I created
this issue and no one has been asking for this, I moved it to the next
release.

Justin

Re: outstanding Sling 6 issues

Posted by Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com>.
Sounds like a good plan. Thanks alot.

Regards
Felix

Posted by Justin Edelson <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Vidar Ramdal <vi...@idium.no>.
On Fri, Sep 3, 2010 at 9:56 PM, Felix Meschberger <fm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 02.09.2010 14:07, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Justin Edelson  wrote
>>> Servlets
>>> * SLING-1069 - Servlets registered with default resource type responds
>>> to all extensions
>>> * SLING-892 - Allow servlets to be regsitered with extensions for all
>>> request methods
>> While these two would be nice to have, I think they should not block
>> Sling 6; there is no patch for SLING-892 and we didn't come to a
>> conclusion for SLING-1069. If we can solve this in the next days, I'm
>> fine - if not, let's move them to the next release.
>
> I have been looking at these issues again (see updates).
>
> For 892 I had a patch lying in my workspace for quite some time now ...
> never came around attaching it. Anyway, this small patch would allow
> non-GET servlets to be considered with selector and extension.
>
> As for 1069 the issue is, thar probably a full permutation of the
> declared selectors, extensions, and method names should be used for
> registering. I have attached an alternate patch to Vidar's patch which
> looks more complete. As such this would make 1069 dependent on 892
> because there's no value registering non-GET servlets for selectors and
> extensions... Maybe this was the reason to not use full permutations for
> registration at that time.
>
> So, if there is no opposition, I would like to apply these patches and
> try to come up with some tests for the 2.1.0 release of the resolver.
>
> WDYT ?

Looks good to me.
+1

--
Vidar S. Ramdal <vi...@idium.no> - http://www.idium.no
Sommerrogata 13-15, N-0255 Oslo, Norway

Re: outstanding Sling 6 issues

Posted by Carsten Ziegeler <cz...@apache.org>.
Felix Meschberger  wrote
> Hi,
>
> On 02.09.2010 14:07, Carsten Ziegeler wrote:
>> Justin Edelson  wrote
>>> Servlets
>>> * SLING-1069 - Servlets registered with default resource type responds
>>> to all extensions
>>> * SLING-892 - Allow servlets to be regsitered with extensions for all
>>> request methods
>> While these two would be nice to have, I think they should not block
>> Sling 6; there is no patch for SLING-892 and we didn't come to a
>> conclusion for SLING-1069. If we can solve this in the next days, I'm
>> fine - if not, let's move them to the next release.
>
> I have been looking at these issues again (see updates).
>
> For 892 I had a patch lying in my workspace for quite some time now ...
> never came around attaching it. Anyway, this small patch would allow
> non-GET servlets to be considered with selector and extension.
>
> As for 1069 the issue is, thar probably a full permutation of the
> declared selectors, extensions, and method names should be used for
> registering. I have attached an alternate patch to Vidar's patch which
> looks more complete. As such this would make 1069 dependent on 892
> because there's no value registering non-GET servlets for selectors and
> extensions... Maybe this was the reason to not use full permutations for
> registration at that time.
>
> So, if there is no opposition, I would like to apply these patches and
> try to come up with some tests for the 2.1.0 release of the resolver.
>
> WDYT ?

Sure, if you have patches, we can try them out: +1

Carsten
--
Carsten Ziegeler
cziegeler@apache.org