Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Sa...@seagate.com on 2002/01/31 19:14:07 UTC

running Apache under non-root

Hi,
I would like to add a user on my solaris servers, that can control the
apache server (restart/start/stop change httpd.conf etc). I have quite a
few servers that are running apache. I dont want to give out the root
passwd to everyone to manage the apache processes. Is there a way I can do
this?

Thanks
Saqib Ali

RE: running Apache under non-root