Posted to announce@apache.org by Oleg Kalnichevski <ol...@apache.org> on 2011/05/20 22:20:26 UTC

[ANNOUNCEMENT] HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1.1 (GA) Released

The Apache HttpComponents project is pleased to announce the release of
HttpComponents HttpCore 4.1.1 (GA).

This is a patch release that fixes a number of non-critical issues found
since release 4.1. This release also marks the end of support for Java
1.3. As of release 4.2 HttpCore will require Java 1.5 for all its
components.

Please note that several classes and methods deprecated between versions
4.0-beta1 and 4.0 GA (more than two years ago) will also be removed in
the 4.2 branch. Users of 4.0.x versions are advised to upgrade and
replace deprecated API calls following recommendations in javadocs.

Download -
<http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi>
Release notes -
<http://www.apache.org/dist/httpcomponents/httpcore/RELEASE_NOTES-4.1.x.txt>
HttpComponents site -
<http://hc.apache.org/>

About HttpComponents Core -
HttpCore is a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be
used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal
footprint. HttpCore supports two I/O models: blocking I/O model based on
the classic Java I/O and non-blocking, event driven I/O model based on
Java NIO. The blocking I/O model may be more appropriate for data
intensive, low latency scenarios, whereas the non-blocking model may be
more appropriate for high latency scenarios where raw data throughput is
less important than the ability to handle thousands of simultaneous HTTP
connections in a resource efficient manner.