Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by caowei <ca...@travelsky.com> on 2013/09/12 17:02:43 UTC

CS Mgmt Server can't connect to virtual router by management network

In cloudstack 4.0.1 with vmware vsphere 5 as the hypervisor,  I  create a shared network use default shared network offering.

when I  create a vm in this shared network , the vrouter be created at first, and the vrouter will be assigned 2 IP address . The firtst is in the VLAN A which is for guest network, and the second is in the VLAN B which is for the management network( locallink network) , and  my CS management server is in the VLAN C. Then I find that the mgmt server cannot communicate with the vrouter by the management network. The vrouter is in a starting status and the VM cannot be created.

Then I login  the vrouter and I find that the default gateway is set the VLAN A's gateway,  and the VLAN B's IP address not have a gateway. So my mgmt server can't connect to the vrouter.

So what can I do to let my mgmt server connect to the vrouter?

Re: Re: CS Mgmt Server can't connect to virtual router by management network

Posted by caowei <ca...@travelsky.com>.
This is a new installation, and the vRouter is the first vrouter of the first shared network. I confirm that the vrouter only have a default gateway in guest network, and the IP address in the management network have no gateway at all.

From: Kirk Kosinski
Date: 2013-09-14 15:45
To: users
CC: caowei
Subject: Re: CS Mgmt Server can't connect to virtual router by management network
Is this a new or existing installation?  If there are existing
functional virtual routers, how does the routing table compare to the
broken one?  Does the broken virtual router at least have a management
IP in the correct range (the range configured for the pod)?  Did you try
a stop/start of the virtual router, or destroy/recreate it?

System VMs on shared networks will use the guest network as the default
gateway, but IIRC they will also be configured with a static route on
the management network to the network of the management server.  Is the
"host" parameter in Global Settings correctly configured to the IP of
the management server or a load balancer for a cluster of management
servers?

Best regards,
Kirk

Posted by Kirk Kosinski <ki...@gmail.com>.