Posted to dev@forrest.apache.org by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de> on 2006/01/30 17:06:40 UTC

jira attachments: can't download (FOR-280)

Hello!

Does somebody know what happened to the attachments in Jira?
I cannot access any longer the attachments for FOR-208,
see
http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12310520

Thanks
Johannes

Fon +49 (0)7141 377 000 * Fax  +49 (0)7141 377 00-99
Geschäftsstelle: User Interface Design GmbH * Lehrer-Götz-Weg 11 * D-81825 München
www.uidesign.de

www.user-interface-tuning.de

Re: jira attachments: can't download (FOR-280)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> I cannot access any longer the attachments for FOR-208,
> see
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12310520

Erk. I have another private Jira search - will share
and add to http://forrest.apache.org/issues.html#filters ...

FOR-unresolved-with-attachment

It lists 29 issues. Here are the border cases:
FOR-424 2005-01-20 are not accessible
FOR-525 2005-07-07 are accessible

I will ask for help at ASF Infra.

-David

Re: jira attachments: can't download (FOR-280)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Sjur Moshagen wrote:
> Den 31. jan. 2006 kl. 11.48 skrev Ross Gardler:
>
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

> Did you mean FOR-280? The link you provided points to that issue.
>
>>> The cocoondev copies of the Forrest issues has never been removed,
>>> therefore:
>>> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-208
>>

>> But there is not attachment on that issue, nor the equivalent one  in
>> our ASF Jira.
>>
>> The description talks about an attachment though, perhaps Sjur  forgot
>> to attach it.
>

> I can see no reference to attachments in the description.  Furthermore,
> I don't think I actually added an attachment to the  issue - I'm quite
> sure I didn't invest the time needed to find a  proper solution:-/

well you would know bett than me ;-)

> Soo - I think it was a typo in the original posting in this thread,  and
> that it really relates to FOR-280 instead of FOR-208:-)

Yeah that looks like the case - must wake up properly before doing stuff
like this - sorry for the consfusion

Ross

Re: jira attachments: can't download (FOR-280)

Posted by Sjur Moshagen <sj...@mac.com>.
Den 31. jan. 2006 kl. 11.48 skrev Ross Gardler:

> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Steven Noels wrote:

Did you mean FOR-280? The link you provided points to that issue.

>> The cocoondev copies of the Forrest issues has never been removed,
>> therefore:
>> http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-208
>
> But there is not attachment on that issue, nor the equivalent one
> in our ASF Jira.
>
> The description talks about an attachment though, perhaps Sjur
> forgot to attach it.

I can see no reference to attachments in the description.
Furthermore, I don't think I actually added an attachment to the
issue - I'm quite sure I didn't invest the time needed to find a
proper solution:-/

Soo - I think it was a typo in the original posting in this thread,
and that it really relates to FOR-280 instead of FOR-208:-)

If FOR-208 claims there should be attachments to it, that is an
error, and should be changed.

Sjur

Re: jira attachments: can't download (FOR-280)

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.
Ross Gardler wrote:
> Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> >David Crossley wrote:
>
> >>http://issues.cocoondev.org/browse/FOR-280
> >
> >thanks you all investigating, found them there.
> >I did not know that our forrest issues are "mirrored"
> >at cocoon.
>
> You mean cocoondev, but anyway...
>
> They are not "mirrored". Our original bug tracker was housed at
> cocoondev (many thanks to them), but when the ASF started to provide
> their own Jira instance we switched to using that one.
>
> The cocoondev site is *not* to be used, other than this exceptional
> circumstance. It's just a happy coincidence that cocoondev never deleted
> the Forrest issues and therefore have acted as a back-up in this instance.
>
> Perhaps you can copy the attachment over to the proper issue tracker for us.

I am hoping that Jeff will be able to copy over
all of those attachments from cocoondev.org Jira.
They are missing for all of our early issues.

-David

Re: jira attachments: can't download (FOR-280)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Johannes Schaefer <jo...@uidesign.de>.
David Crossley wrote:
> Ross Gardler wrote:
>> Ross Gardler wrote:

sorry, my typo, the link was right.

Posted by David Crossley <cr...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 30 Jan 2006, at 23:15, Jeff Turner wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 05:06:40PM +0100, Johannes Schaefer wrote:
>> Hello!
>>
>> Does somebody know what happened to the attachments in Jira?
>> I cannot access any longer the attachments for FOR-208,
>> see
>> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?
>> id=12310520
>
> When I migrated Forrest's Jira project from cocoondev I forgot about
> the
> attachments. Shouldn't be hard to fix. I pinged Steven about it
> recently.. will Cc him as a reminder :)

I'm looking at it - don't hold your breath however as I'm not sure
whether I'll be able to locate a backup. :/

</Steven>
Outerthought                              Open Source Java & XML
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: jira attachments: can't download (FOR-280)

Posted by Jeff Turner <je...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jan 30, 2006 at 05:06:40PM +0100, Johannes Schaefer wrote:
> Hello!
>
> Does somebody know what happened to the attachments in Jira?
> I cannot access any longer the attachments for FOR-208,
> see
> http://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ManageAttachments.jspa?id=12310520

When I migrated Forrest's Jira project from cocoondev I forgot about the
attachments. Shouldn't be hard to fix. I pinged Steven about it
recently.. will Cc him as a reminder :)

--Jeff