Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "Hostettler, Steve" <St...@wolterskluwer.com> on 2016/05/24 12:07:39 UTC

Transitive dependencies starting from WAR files

Hi,

Our solutions is composed of different war files. I would like, starting from the released artifacts that we deliver to our customer, to generate a dependency list.
The goal is to be able to present an exhaustive list of dependencies we are relying on along with their licenses.

The org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin does not help for it does not display War dependencies.

I would prefer reusing an existing plugin but in the worst case I can also write my own plugin for that.
Have you any suggestion on how to tackle this problem?

Many thanks in advance for your help.
Steve

Re: Transitive dependencies starting from WAR files

Posted by Adrien Rivard <ad...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Maven-license-plugin would be a good candidate.

I did'nt really understand what do you mean by "maven-dependency-plugin
does not display War dependencies". How exacly are you using
maven-dependency-plugin?

On Tue, May 24, 2016 at 9:12 PM, Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>
wrote:

> Hi Steve,
>

> Why not running maven-dependency-plugin it within the war package module
> than you get all dependencies which have been packaged into the war file ?
>

> Kind regards
> Karl Heinz Marbaise
>
> On 5/24/16 2:07 PM, Hostettler, Steve wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Our solutions is composed of different war files. I would like, starting
>> from the released artifacts that we deliver to our customer, to generate a
>> dependency list.
>> The goal is to be able to present an exhaustive list of dependencies we
>> are relying on along with their licenses.
>>
>> The org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-dependency-plugin does not help for it
>> does not display War dependencies.
>>
>> I would prefer reusing an existing plugin but in the worst case I can
>> also write my own plugin for that.
>> Have you any suggestion on how to tackle this problem?
>>
>> Many thanks in advance for your help.
>> Steve

Adrien Rivard

Re: Transitive dependencies starting from WAR files

Posted by Karl Heinz Marbaise <kh...@gmx.de>.
Hi Steve,