Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Christopher Sagayam <ch...@yahoo.com> on 2001/10/08 21:10:00 UTC

Re: other/5173: ErrorDocument redirect not working with MicrosoftInternet Explorer 5.0

The following reply was made to PR other/5173; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: "Christopher Sagayam" <ch...@yahoo.com>
To: <Ke...@Golux.Com>
Cc: <ap...@Apache.Org>
Subject: Re: other/5173: ErrorDocument redirect not working with MicrosoftInternet Explorer 5.0
Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 00:38:18 +0530

 ------=_NextPart_000_0137_01C1505A.B0F1CD40

 http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/5173

 has this been resolved ?

 if so can anyone point me in the right direction

 as per the last comment I made the script output the following

 print "HTTP/1.1 200 OK";
 print "Content-Type:text/html \n\n";
 print <<"12345";
 hello
 12345

 exit;

 But the still error document is not  showing in IE

 btw im using Apache 1.3.20

 chris

 ------=_NextPart_000_0137_01C1505A.B0F1CD40

 <HTML><HEAD>
 http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
 <STYLE></STYLE>
 </HEAD>
 <BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><A=20
 href=3D"http://bugs.apache.org/index.cgi/full/5173">http://bugs.apache.or=
 g/index.cgi/full/5173</A></FONT></DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>has this been resolved ?</FONT></DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>if so can anyone point me in the right=20
 direction</FONT></DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>as per the last comment I made the script output the =
 following</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>print "HTTP/1.1 200 OK";<BR>print "Content-Type:text/html =
 \n\n";<BR>print=20
 &lt;&lt;"12345";<BR>hello</DIV>
 <DIV>12345</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>exit;</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>But the still error document is not&nbsp; showing in IE</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV>btw im using Apache 1.3.20</DIV>
 <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
 <DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
 size=3D2>chris</FONT></DIV></FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

Posted by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@covalent.net>.
> From: "Christopher Sagayam" <ch...@yahoo.com>
> Subject: Re: other/5173: ErrorDocument redirect not working with MicrosoftInternet Explorer 5.0
> Date: Tue, 9 Oct 2001 00:38:18 +0530
>
>  has this been resolved ?
>
>  if so can anyone point me in the right direction
>
>  as per the last comment I made the script output the following
>
>  print "HTTP/1.1 200 OK";
>  print "Content-Type:text/html \n\n";
>  print <<"12345";
>  hello
>  12345
>
>  exit;
>
>  But the still error document is not  showing in IE

Your version of Apache is irrelevant, since this is an IE 5.0 protocol bug.
Ask Microsoft if it's been resolved, not the Apache HTTP Server team.
Since your output above is malformed, I wouldn't expect it to run.

Please post this sort of question at the appropriate newsgroup, such as
comp.infosystems.www.servers.unix or comp.infosystems.www.servers.ms-windows.
We can only provide bug fixes to the Apache software through this forum, not
troubleshooting of Client misbehavior or basic scripting or configuration help.