Posted to dev@lenya.apache.org by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de> on 2007/04/07 12:43:25 UTC

Re: Question about BXE and Source Editor

Bob Harner wrote:
> On 3/15/07, Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu> wrote:
>> They are part of XHTML strict. However, by default the RNG schema used
>> is only a subset of the full XHTML specification. Looks like you'll need
>> to look at ./src/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml.rng and make sure
>> you are including  xhtml/modules/table.rng. I think if you comment out
>> the basic schema in exchange for either XHTML or XHTML-strict you should
>> be okay. Will need to build again.
>
> If true, can anyone explain why the RNG schema used for these editors
> doesn't contain the full XHTML spec?

i have wondered the same. while it does make sense in many cases to
restrict the set of allowed xhtml elements in custom doctypes, the
default one should provide full xhtml support imho. (plus the current
set of allowed elements does not make all that much sense...)

can anyone comment on this? otherwise i'd consider it a bug.

Re: Question about BXE and Source Editor

Posted by Joern Nettingsmeier <ne...@folkwang-hochschule.de>.
Andreas Hartmann wrote:
> Joern Nettingsmeier schrieb:
>> Bob Harner wrote:
>>> If true, can anyone explain why the RNG schema used for these editors
>>> doesn't contain the full XHTML spec?
>> i have wondered the same. while it does make sense in many cases to
>> restrict the set of allowed xhtml elements in custom doctypes, the
>> default one should provide full xhtml support imho. (plus the current
>> set of allowed elements does not make all that much sense...)
>>
>> can anyone comment on this?
>
> I don't remember a reason for the restriction. Maybe it will become
> obvious when we change it, though ...
>
>> otherwise i'd consider it a bug.
>
> +1
>
> It's certainly an FAQ, we should do something about it.

i've filed a bug and will look into it in a few days.

Re: Question about BXE and Source Editor

Posted by Andreas Hartmann <an...@apache.org>.
Joern Nettingsmeier schrieb:
> Bob Harner wrote:
>> On 3/15/07, Richard Frovarp <Ri...@sendit.nodak.edu> wrote:
>>> They are part of XHTML strict. However, by default the RNG schema used
>>> is only a subset of the full XHTML specification. Looks like you'll need
>>> to look at ./src/modules/xhtml/resources/schemas/xhtml.rng and make sure
>>> you are including  xhtml/modules/table.rng. I think if you comment out
>>> the basic schema in exchange for either XHTML or XHTML-strict you should
>>> be okay. Will need to build again.
>>
>> If true, can anyone explain why the RNG schema used for these editors
>> doesn't contain the full XHTML spec?
>
> i have wondered the same. while it does make sense in many cases to
> restrict the set of allowed xhtml elements in custom doctypes, the
> default one should provide full xhtml support imho. (plus the current
> set of allowed elements does not make all that much sense...)
>
> can anyone comment on this?

I don't remember a reason for the restriction. Maybe it will become
obvious when we change it, though ...

> otherwise i'd consider it a bug.

+1

It's certainly an FAQ, we should do something about it.

-- Andreas