Posted to dev@river.apache.org by Tom Hobbs <tv...@googlemail.com> on 2011/07/18 21:29:43 UTC

PMC Chair

Hi guys,

By my counting I've been the PMC chair for 6-ish uneventful months.  I
originally said that I'd do it for six, let you other guys know what
the work load was like, and offer to step aside if someone else wants
to have a go.  This is that.

The work load isn't that much; particularly now that we're out of the
monthly report stage (our next report is in August, I believe).  It's
mostly just sitting around worrying that the lists are very quiet and
trying to poke people into action (and trying to get some stuff done
yourself...)  Occassionally there's something that the board wants
done (in addition to quarterly reports) and you're held acountable for
not doing them* - but that's pretty rare and more like firefighting an
issue should something come up.

That said, I'm happy to continue if no one else has a burning desire
to have a go.  Equally, if someone wants to throw their name into the
hat then I'm happy to vote/hand-over/whatever.

Cheers,

Tom

* Which reminds me, there's a website branding checklist that we need
to go through for our next report and (hopefully) tick all the items
off of.  More on that later.

Re: PMC Chair

Posted by Peter Firmstone <ji...@zeus.net.au>.
You've still got my vote Tom, performing well, I'd like to see you
retain the position, provided you're happy doing so.

Cheers,

Peter.