Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by "Jean T. Anderson" <jt...@bristowhill.com> on 2006/10/10 17:08:43 UTC

Re: derby web site broken links (was Re: to-do list on website should go)

> On 10/2/06, Jean T. Anderson <jt...@bristowhill.com> wrote:
>> Andrew McIntyre wrote:
>> > I'm very much in agreement with keeping broken links to a minimum. I
>> > had done a good job of eliminating most of the broken links on the
>> > website, but I see from Vadim's stats that the number of broken links
>> > have shot back up:
>> >
>> > http://people.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/derby.html
>> >
>> > And since I can't get to the error logs on ajax, I have no idea what
>> > is causing them, although it happened around Sept. 1, whatever it was.
>>
>> The logs are getting copied to /x1/logarchive/www/ on people.apache.org.
>>
>> There are 47 broken links for September
>
> Weird. Any idea why Vadim's stats show us getting thousands of broken
> links a day?

thousands *daily* now? I wasn't seeing thousands before. I'm at the
hackathon -- when you get to ApacheCon, let's take a closer look at it.
At the very least, it sounds like we could add more info to the derby web
site on how (and what) to monitor on  the derby web site.

 -jean