Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com> on 2005/03/09 23:55:49 UTC

Score Question

Hi;

Has the scoring changed recently? I just upgraded all the jars is our
application (Lucene included).

I'm getting scores like this from documents in hits:

6.9699495E-4

The XSL that creates the user interface converts the score to an int and
than display it. This currently resulting in a zero for all scores.

I'm being told that the XSL has always done this and everything worked fine
before I did this upgrade.

I made a few changes to the query parsing and searching logic.

I'm thinking I have either:
1. Done something to screw up the scores being returned (is this possible?)
2. The XSL did do something with this value before converting it to an int
and somehow that code has been misplaced.
3. Scoring has changed in the last version of Lucene and I need multilply
the score by some factor to make it more int friendly.

Can someone shed some light on this please?

Thanks,

Luke

Re: Score Question

Posted by Luke Shannon <ls...@futurebrand.com>.