Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Julian Keppel <ju...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/18 10:38:45 UTC

Kafka direct approach,App UI shows wrong input rate

Hello,

I use Spark 2.0.2 with Kafka integration 0-8. The Kafka version is 0.10.0.1
(Scala 2.11). I read data from Kafka with the direct approach. The complete
infrastructure runs on Google Container Engine.

I wonder why the corresponding application UI says the input rate is zero
records per second. This is definitely wrong. I checked it while I printed
out the incoming records to the driver console. All other metrics seem to
be correct (at least they are realistic).

What is going on here? Do you have any idea? Thanks for you help.

Julian

Re: Kafka direct approach,App UI shows wrong input rate

Posted by Julian Keppel <ju...@gmail.com>.
Oh, sorry. I made a mistake... It's spark version 2.0.1, not 2.0.2.

When I wrote the initial message I built my app with 2.0.2 and deployed it
on a cluster with 2.0.1. So I thought this could be the problem. But now I
changed it and build my app with 2.0.1 but the problem still remains.

Posted by Cody Koeninger <co...@koeninger.org>.