Posted to user@commons.apache.org by Theo öjerteg <th...@unit.liu.se> on 2004/10/20 16:14:01 UTC

Resin and FileUpload

Hi all!

Hopefully you can give me a hint towards a solution...

I am having problem with  The Commons FileUpload  togehter with Resin.
Every now and then about 40 bytes are lost from files being uploaded.
I cant fins information about if theis is a knwond problem, of if
FileUpload simply does not work together with Resin.

/Regards

--
Theo Öjerteg         Unit, Hus G               __           __   __
Systemutvecklare     Linköpings Universitet   / /    __    / /  / /

Re: Resin and FileUpload

Posted by Martin Cooper <mf...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, 20 Oct 2004 16:14:01 +0200, Theo öjerteg <th...@unit.liu.se> wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Hopefully you can give me a hint towards a solution...
>
> I am having problem with  The Commons FileUpload  togehter with Resin.
> Every now and then about 40 bytes are lost from files being uploaded.
> I cant fins information about if theis is a knwond problem, of if
> FileUpload simply does not work together with Resin.

There are two likely problems that you might be running into:

1) Resin will start up even if some other application is running on
the port you have configured. When that happens, you almost always see
corruption of any uploaded files. I have run into this when I have
Oracle installed on the same machine, since Oracle will grab port 8080
on system startup, and then Resin will try to use the same port.
Tomcat, on the other hand, will refuse to start if the port is already
in use. That makes it a handy test if you don't know if some other app
might be using the port - try starting Tomcat, and if it starts, the
port issue is not your problem.

2) Resin includes its own file upload handler, which I believe is
enabled by default. If you have not explicitly disabled this, then the
input stream may not be available to Commons FileUpload as it needs to
be.

--
Martin Cooper