Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Roberto Castro <ro...@cetip.com.br> on 2004/07/08 23:03:05 UTC

How to build subproject from CVS

Hello all, I've been trying to build a subproject of my system checking out
source codes from CVS.
This is the properties of the subproject:
maven.scm.method=cvs
maven.scm.cvs.root=${pom.repository.cvsRoot}
maven.scm.checkout.dir=${basedir}/checkouts
maven.scm.cvs.rsh=ssh
maven.scm.check.tagged=false
maven.scm.bootstrap.goals=goal
maven.scm.cvs.module=spbmessageX

And, this is mavel.xml:
<project>
   <pregoal name="java:compile">
      <attainGoal name="scm:checkout-project"/>
   </pregoal>
</project>

I run mavem this way: maven multiproject:install -Dmm.tag.version=2.0
-Dmm.spbmessage.domain=CETIP -X

But I've been facing a problem discribed in the log file attached.
I couldn't understand the purpose of the property: maven.scm.bootstrap.goals
	Could anyone help me in this task?
	Thanks in advance,
 <<logMaven.txt>>

     Roberto de Castro
     Analista de Suporte
     Cetip - Desus Rio de Janeiro
     +55 21 2276-7439
     mailto:robertoc@cetip.com.br

Re: How to build subproject from CVS

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@gmail.com>.
I can't see what you are trying to achive. At which point in the build
of the main project do you want to build the subproject?

What you are attempting in maven.xml above is "before you compile the
current project, checkout the subproject and do nothing with it."

- Brett