Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "biswamohan.padhy" <bi...@bt.com> on 2010/12/17 08:41:50 UTC

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

I am trying to create my first Maven project with Maven 3.0.1. First I got
problem in downloading the plugins then I downloaded  the jar files manually
and put those in the local repository. Now it is not showing error for the
plugin jars but for maven-metadata.xml. I downloaded the xmls files as well
but its not working.
Maven installed directory:
C:\WIP\Software\apache-maven-3.0.1
JRE directyory:
C:\WIP\jdevstudio10135\jdk\jre\bin
Local Repository:
C:\WIP\learning\DemoMaven

I am running the command
mvn -X archetype:generate -DgroupId=com.mycompany.app -DartifactId=my-app
-DarchetypeArtifactId=maven-archetype-quickstart -DinteractiveMode=false

in the following path
C:\WIP\learning\DemoMaven

Can anyone please help me how to resolve this issue.

AW: Maven and environment Properties - Feature or bug ??

Posted by Hauschel Fred Robert <Fr...@Cirquent.de>.
Rtfm ;-)

Thanks!!!
Fredy

Posted by Benjamin Bentmann <be...@udo.edu>.

Posted by Hauschel Fred Robert <Fr...@Cirquent.de>.
In windows:

set test=dev and using  ${env.test} in the pom for example in <name>
myArtifact _${env.test}</name>
Results in: Building myArtifact_${env.test} 00.01-SNAPSHOT

set TEST=dev and using  ${env.TEST} in the pom for example in <name>
myArtifact _${env.TEST}</name>
Results in: Building myArtifact_dev 00.01-SNAPSHOT

How cool is that?
For me that was a very expensive Feature!

Posted by Wayne Fay <wa...@gmail.com>.
>  1. installed java
What version?

>  2. installed maven.
What version?

>  3.changed the local repository path and proxies in the settings.xml file
Why did you change the local repo path?
Check to make sure that your proxy is uncommented. By default, the
proxy block is commented out (disabled).

>  when i run the command :D:\tutorials>mvn archetype:create
Why are you using archetype:create when the "Maven in 5 minutes"
webpage says to use archetype:generate?

http://maven.apache.org/guides/getting-started/maven-in-five-minutes.html

Wayne

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

Posted by poornima <po...@hcl.com>.
hi,
 i am new to maven and i did the following steps ...
 1. installed java
 2. installed maven.
 3.changed the local repository path and proxies in the settings.xml file
 when i run the command :D:\tutorials>mvn archetype:create
-DgroupId=com.mytutorial -DartifactId=simple.... i am getting the following
output in cmd prompt.
" No plugin found for the prefix "archetype" in the current project and in
the plugin group.........."
 what would be the problem..... cna anyone please guide me?
 i would also like to know what changes should i do in the settings.xml file

Re: Maven in 5 minutes doesn't work

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
Google is your friend:
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-proxies.html

/Anders

Posted by Anders Hammar <an...@hammar.net>.
If Maven can't download the plugins something is wrong with your setup. You
need to fix that before proceeding!

Are you behind a proxy? Then you need to configure Maven to use that. Do you
have an internal repo manager? Then you need to configure Maven for that.

/Anders