Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Shay Sofer <sh...@checkpoint.com> on 2014/09/02 16:27:20 UTC

Solr source code

Hi,

What is the process regarding modify Solr source code (legal part)?

In addition, who should I update for this bug and fix so Solr team will consider using it.

Thanks,
Shay.

Re: Solr source code

Posted by Shawn Heisey <so...@elyograg.org>.
On 9/2/2014 8:27 AM, Shay Sofer wrote:
> What is the process regarding modify Solr source code (legal part)?
>
> In addition, who should I update for this bug and fix so Solr team will consider using it.

The Lucene/Solr project is licensed under the Apache License, version 2.0.

http://www.apache.org/foundation/license-faq.html#WhatDoesItMEAN

The generally accepted way to contribute a bugfix to the project is to
find (or create) the appropriate issue in Jira, then attach your patch
to it.  Ideally you will check out the trunk branch from SVN and create
your patch against that with the "svn diff" tool, but the stable branch
(branch_4x currently) will do just as well.  Just be sure there's enough
info accompanying the patch for us to identify the exact branch/revision
used to build it.

http://wiki.apache.org/solr/HowToContribute

There are other methods, like the mailing list, a pull request for the
github mirror, etc... but Jira and a patch from SVN are the best way.

Thanks,
Shawn