Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by James Belton <jb...@salesforce.com> on 2012/07/30 21:45:37 UTC

Better Diagnostics for Failures

It's been a pet peeve of mine that ant gives so little information when a java class that it's running fails. I hacked my version to print "Java class <classname> Error #", which makes it much easier to figure out who broke what, especially in the case where someones code generator silently dies.
Since this change breaks backward compatibility of output, I assume it can't go into ant as is. How should this new behavior be enabled for it to be accepted by you all? Via a command line property? Is there a naming convention you can point me to?