Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Schofield Colin <Sc...@JohnDeere.com> on 2002/11/19 23:24:07 UTC

How do I change the Body's Namespace URI?

I am using Axis to talk with a SOAP server that for some reason expects the
Body's namespace to be set to
"urn:schemas-xmlsoap-org:soap.v1" rather than the default which is
"http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/"

When I send a normal SOAP message, Axis throws the Exception:

org.xml.sax.SAXException: Bad envelope namespace:
urn:schemas-xmlsoap-org:soap.v1

I need to be sending THIS:

<soapenv:Envelope xmlns:soapenv="urn:schemas-xmlsoap-org:soap.v1">
  <soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

rather than the Axis default of THIS:

  <soapenv:Body>
  </soapenv:Body>
</soapenv:Envelope>

My question is: How do I change this default Namespace that Axis uses for
the BODY TAG??

thanks for your help,
Colin :o)