Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by Jeffrey Law <je...@hotmail.com> on 2014/01/28 16:49:02 UTC

Disable Component Focusable Properties

Hi there,
I'm new to apache pivot. I was quite impressed with the speed and UI of the framework
and that's the reason why I decided to migrate my POS application from Swing.
But then half way thru I realized none of the following method can be found for all the components:
setFocusable(false)
setFocusTraversalKeysEnabled(false)
setRequestFocusEnabled(false)

As the application required the focus always stayed in the single text field for the scanner input,
so I got to disable the focus requests for all other components.
I did tried on previewFocusedChange but still didn't managed to get it works.
Can I have some hints or example on how to create a custom focus traversal policy to the component which can allow me to disable the traversal properties also?
Does anyone can share if there's any way to do this? Thanks in advance!!

Re: Disable Component Focusable Properties

Posted by Sandro Martini <sa...@gmail.com>.
Hi Jeffrey,
I'll try to take a look for 2.1, and post some update here ...

Thanks for now.

Bye,
Sandro

Posted by "Mark R. Chambers" <ma...@mrchambers.org>.
Hi Jeffrey,

Thanks for your help I will try, currently battling with
https://github.com/influence160/fazet-pivot/blob/master/README.md

To try and get cell selection tableview sorted, that way when I select a
cell I can at least record which cell was clicked and then edit it (also
maybe return focus) when another button is clicked:/

Regards,

Mark.

Posted by "Mark R. Chambers" <ma...@mrchambers.org>.
Hi All,

I have a similar problem to this, I don't want buttons on a touch screen
grabbing focus away from where the text is supposed to be written.

There is an onFocusChanged in the ComponentStateListener, but since this is
for abstract keyboards with lots of buttons that I currently use by the
action and TextKey Value.

I would prefer a different way to do this.

So basically I want to prevent a large number of buttons from ever grabing
the focus?

I have tried focusTraversalPolicy="$bxml:null" but does not seem to work.

Anybody got any ideas on how to prevent buttons from changing the focus when
clicked? Some sort of NotFocusable flag?

Regards,

Mark.

Posted by Jeffrey Law <je...@hotmail.com>.

Hi Roger,
I think I found the roof of the problem.
As per what you suggested, in the sample stock_tracker_window.bxml
I tried to assign an bxml:id to each container so that I call the setFocusTraversalPolicy(null)

 :

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
Hi Jeffrey,
That looks like an infinite recursion problem. What did you do to make
the tabbing work within a Sheet? My guess would be that whatever you did
is causing this. But, in case it is a Pivot bug, could you provide a
small test case to reproduce it so we can take a look?

Thanks,
~Roger

Re: Maximize TablePane in the TabPane

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.
That's exactly what FillPane is good for. Great!

~Roger

Posted by Jeffrey Law <je...@hotmail.com>.

Posted by Jeffrey Law <je...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Pivot,
I've tried to extend the sample stock tracker application
and would like to create a TabPane with few tabs and add the whole page of the stock tracker window into
the <TabPane.tabData>.
<stocktracker:StockTrackerWindow title="%stockTracker" maximized="true"
    xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
    xmlns:content="org.apache.pivot.wtk.content"
    xmlns:stocktracker="org.apache.pivot.tutorials.stocktracker"
    xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">
    <TabPane xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
     xmlns:content="org.apache.pivot.wtk.content"
     xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">
 <BoxPane styles="{horizontalAlignment:'center', verticalAlignment:'center'}">
        <TabPane.tabData>
            <content:ButtonData text="Bell"/>
        </TabPane.tabData>
        <BoxPane styles="{backgroundColor:'#0096D5', horizontalAlignment:'right'}">
 <TablePane>
 :
 :
 </TablePane>
</stocktracker:StockTrackerWindow>

The problem is how can I make the stock tracker window (TablePane) maximized in this <TabPane.tabData>?
The tutorial mentioned creating a label and specify the preferred dimension:
<Label text="240x180" preferredWidth="240" preferredHeight="180"/>
But the application will be run in several different platform and screen size and I need to ensure
the tab container is maximized without keeps change the dimension and compiling the program.

Any helps and advices would be appreciated!
Jeffrey

RE: Disable Component Focusable Properties

Posted by Jeffrey Law <je...@hotmail.com>.
That works, thanks!But when I apply to a login dialog contains a ListButton for user Ids, TextInput for password and few PushButtonswhich I extended from org.apache.pivot.wtk.Sheet and I've tried both BXML<BoxPane .... focusTraversalPolicy="$bxml:null" ... />or wrap that component in a container then call setFocusTraversalPolicy(null), it doesn't works.
I just want to make sure it should works for org.apache.pivot.wtk.Sheet alsoso that I can continue to try on the same approach. Regards,Jeffrey
Date: Thu, 13 Feb 2014 16:22:02 -0800
From: RogerandBeth@rbwhitcomb.com
To: user@pivot.apache.org

    To disable tabbing for a particular container, in BXML you can do
    (for instance):

    <BoxPane .... focusTraversalPolicy="$bxml:null" ... />

    And of course you could call the "setFocusTraversalPolicy(null)"
    from Java as well (on the container).  To disable focus for a
    particular component only, you could wrap just that component in a
    BoxPane (or other container) and set the "focusTraversalPolicy" as
    above to null.

    ~Roger

Posted by Roger and Beth Whitcomb <Ro...@rbwhitcomb.com>.

Posted by Jeffrey Law <je...@hotmail.com>.