Posted to user@ant.apache.org by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org> on 2019/03/19 09:55:41 UTC

[VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.6 based on RC1

Hello all,

I've created a release candidate for 1.10.6. This release contains bug
fixes as well as enhancements.

The release was generated using JDK 11 version (to include JDK9+
features/tasks). The minimal required version of Java runtime, to use
this Ant release, still remains Java 8.

Release notes:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/RELEASE-NOTES-1.10.6.html

git tag:
    ANT_1.10.6_RC1 on commit c3b75a72a78fd4cc1e1bd4bc345e5744872d44ef

tarballs:
    https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/ant/
    revision 33068

Maven artifacts:

https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheant-1037/org/apache/ant/

This Vote will be open at least for 72 hours and close no earlier than
22nd March 2019 10:00 UTC.

-Jaikiran

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.6 based on RC1

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2019-03-21, Jaikiran Pai wrote:

> On 21/03/19 1:23 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:

>> Also I've found more test files without a license header - I really
>> should have vetted releases I've cut myself more thoroughly.

> Are you finding this through some tool or doing manual checks in files?

http://creadur.apache.org/rat/ which despite its low version number is
"the tool" to use.

Stefan

Re: [VOTE] Release Ant 1.10.6 based on RC1

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@gmail.com>.
Hi Stefan,

On 21/03/19 1:23 AM, Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> On 2019-03-19, Jaikiran Pai wrote:
>
>> git tag:
>>     ANT_1.10.6_RC1 on commit c3b75a72a78fd4cc1e1bd4bc345e5744872d44ef
> I think you've tagged the wrong commit (HEAD of master at that time
> rather than the detached head. The Source tarball doesn't match the tag
> and the tag still contains an .alpha version.

Thank you for catching that. I don't know how I ended up doing that. I
will cancel this vote and redo the release afresh from latest master branch.

> If you can still find the head you've for creating the release, please
> delete the tag and move it over. Without that I'm unable to vote with a
> +1.
>
> Also I've found more test files without a license header - I really
> should have vetted releases I've cut myself more thoroughly.

Are you finding this through some tool or doing manual checks in files?
I can include this as part of the release instructions and follow them
if this has some specific steps.

-Jaikiran

[CANCELLED] Release Ant 1.10.6 based on RC1

Posted by Jaikiran Pai <ja...@apache.org>.
Voting for this RC1 is now cancelled due to the issues that Stefan
found. I'll re-initiate a new RC for voting process soon.

-Jaikiran

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Wayne Cannon <wc...@sonic.net>.
I thought you had earlier decided on 5" boards through WalMart, or similar?

It doesn't matter to me.

⁣--Wayne​