Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by ramapr00 <pr...@hotmail.com> on 2019/02/14 20:36:46 UTC

SQL Server cluster fail over issue with ActiveMQ

1. We have 2 ActiveMQ Services installed (A, B) on different machines (Amq1,
Amq2)
   which are configured in ActiveMQ Failover configuration-
   Both relay on a single SQL database.
   This single database is configured in SQL Failover configuration
   using 2 Microsoft SQL Servers (Server1, Server2)

2. When shutting one of A or B,
   it fails-over *properly* to the other one.

3. However when the database fails-over-
   both ActiveMQ services A and B go down.

4. When starting again the services they connect properly.

The problem is that when there's SQL Failover, the ActiveMQ can't recover by
itself,
It won't reconnect by itself until we start manually back the Service.

The activemq version is 5.13.1

I appreciate any help.