Posted to jdo-dev@db.apache.org by Tilmann <za...@gmx.de> on 2016/01/29 22:00:22 UTC

ViewVC problem

Hi,

I realised that using Chrome instead of Firefox works, even though it
hangs ~30 seconds before showing anything.
Also, the original issue (https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JDO-748)
explains that the problem with ViewCVS occurred even with an http-link,
because Firefox automatically changed that to https if the server
supports it.
I suppose changing the link to http would probably not help.

My guess is that the issue may have to do with the security-certificates
that Firefox is using, or with the certificate authorities it is trying
to contact when browsing from Switzerland.

Considering that the problem appears to be limited to Switzerland and
Firefox browsers, and that there is a good chance that changing to https
won't help, I won't raise in issue just yet.

Let me know if you think the issue should still be raised. In that case
it may make sense to vote on my commit rights, as suggested by Craig, so
I could fix and verify the solution myself.

Cheers,
Tilmann

Tilmann Zaeschke
http://www.zoodb.org