Posted to user@hive.apache.org by SanDomingo <xu...@datatub.com> on 2016/06/15 08:36:57 UTC

Extra string ”s“ in hive-site.xml caused Number Format Exception

Hi:
    One of our developer team has encounted “NumberFormatException”  while hive parsing these two properties(“hive.metastore.client.connect.retry.delay” & “hive.metastore.client.socket.timeout"). But our other team may using another version of jar and didn’t meet the exception.

    I’m wondering what could we do now? Remove ’s’ from these properties’ value field in the hive-site.xml file(I wonder whether this may cause problem of our online running program)? Or let our developer team change their jar’s version?

     We are using Hortonworks Hadoop v2.4.3 which hive’s version is 1.2.1.2.3.4.5-3485 . And our developer team is using apache v0.13.1 hive jar.

----
Best Regards
Ming Xuan(宣明)

----