Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Spartanicus <sp...@ntlworld.ie> on 2006/11/06 21:47:26 UTC

[users@httpd] Apache + Perl and PHP

For a localhost dev server I tried to get both PHP and Perl to work on
Apache 2.0x so that I can try out different forum software packages
without having to restart Apache, I can only get one to work at a time.

I'm using the Apache PHP module, Perl uses CGI.

This is the relevant bit of my config:
(the domain pan-europe.eu is mapped to localhost using my host file)

ScriptInterpreterSource registry
LoadModule php4_module "c:/php/php4apache2.dll"
PHPIniDir "C:/php"
AddType application/x-httpd-php .php
AccessFileName .htaccess
DocumentRoot c:/Documents/web_sites
<Directory c:/Documents/web_sites>
    Options None
    AllowOverride All
    Order allow,deny
    Allow from all
</Directory>
NameVirtualHost 127.0.0.1
<VirtualHost 127.0.0.1>
    ServerName pan-europe.eu
    DocumentRoot c:/documents/web_sites/pan-europe
</VirtualHost>

A path to a Perl forum is: c:/Documents/web_sites/pan-europe/forum/eblah
A path to a PHP forum is: c:/Documents/web_sites/pan-europe/forum/punbb

My .htaccess in c:/documents/web_sites/pan-europe/eblah contains:

Options ExecCGI

With this config only .php files execute, .pl files are shown as source.

To get Perl to work I have to use a ScriptAlias directive in my
VirtualHost container, this in turn thwarts PHP.

Where am I going wrong?

--
Spartanicus

(email whitelist in use, non list-server mail will not be seen)

Re: [users@httpd] Apache + Perl and PHP

Posted by Spartanicus <sp...@ntlworld.ie>.
"Stefano Sasso" <st...@gmail.com> wrote:

>you have to add