Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by "S.Parr24" <S....@googlemail.com> on 2010/07/27 12:07:05 UTC

JMeter and sterilised/modified URLs

I am attempting to use Jmeter to load test a .Net web application.

The system has been developed using URL modifier technology to sterilise the
URLs used.

The system holds a session variable at the end of the URL

e.g.

http://testsystem.net/301

With 301 being the sessionID

Each thread will get a different sessionID.

I need the Jmeter script to pick up this sessionID and pass it into
subsequent pages as the script is executed for each thread.

I have tried using the URL modifier element, however without an URL ID
identifier this has been unsuccessful.

I have attempted to use a regular expression extractor post processor to
pick up the ID, however this has been unsuccessful. I am not 100% that the
regular expression I was using was correct, so if this is the most viable
option, I would appreciate it if someone could supply me with an appropriate
Regular Expression.

Currently when the script is run, the threads get to the first page where
the sessionID becomes active and diverts directly to a generic page, or
presents a .net error related to no sessionID being supplied.

If someone could help me out on this, it would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

.

Re: JMeter and sterilised/modified URLs

Posted by indireddysankar <in...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
            use (\d+) for extracting any number...
and go through below link.
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#Regular_Expression_Extractor

On Tue, Jul 27, 2010 at 3:37 PM, S.Parr24 <S....@googlemail.com> wrote:

> I am attempting to use Jmeter to load test a .Net web application.
>
> The system has been developed using URL modifier technology to sterilise
> the
> URLs used.
>
> The system holds a session variable at the end of the URL
>
> e.g.
>
> http://testsystem.net/301
>
> With 301 being the sessionID
>
> Each thread will get a different sessionID.
>
> I need the Jmeter script to pick up this sessionID and pass it into
> subsequent pages as the script is executed for each thread.
>
> I have tried using the URL modifier element, however without an URL ID
> identifier this has been unsuccessful.
>
> I have attempted to use a regular expression extractor post processor to
> pick up the ID, however this has been unsuccessful. I am not 100% that the
> regular expression I was using was correct, so if this is the most viable
> option, I would appreciate it if someone could supply me with an
> appropriate
> Regular Expression.
>
> Currently when the script is run, the threads get to the first page where
> the sessionID becomes active and diverts directly to a generic page, or
> presents a .net error related to no sessionID being supplied.
>
> If someone could help me out on this, it would be very much appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>

> .

Indireddy SivaSankarReddy