Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Raymond <pp...@hotmail.com> on 2005/05/19 13:07:39 UTC

error-page not working for error-code 503?

Hi,

I have these in my tomcat server's global web.xml file:

<error-page>
  <error-code>404</error-code>
  <location>/http404.jsp</location>
</error-page>

<error-page>
  <error-code>503</error-code>
  <location>/maintenance.html</location>
</error-page>

It works for the 404 but not the 503 error code. What's wrong with it?
I want to redirect users to a "maintenance in progress" page when I "stop"
any webapp with the tomcat manager. But it always gives me the default
tomcat HTTP status page when I request a stopped webapp.

Please help. Thanks.
Raymond

Re: error-page not working for error-code 503?

Posted by Anto Paul <an...@gmail.com>.
On 5/19/05, Raymond <pp...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have these in my tomcat server's global web.xml file:
>
> <error-page>
>   <error-code>404</error-code>
>   <location>/http404.jsp</location>
> </error-page>
>
> <error-page>
>   <error-code>503</error-code>
>   <location>/maintenance.html</location>
> </error-page>
>
> It works for the 404 but not the 503 error code. What's wrong with it?
> I want to redirect users to a "maintenance in progress" page when I "stop"
> any webapp with the tomcat manager. But it always gives me the default
> tomcat HTTP status page when I request a stopped webapp.
>
> Please help. Thanks.
> Raymond

is Tomcat is behind of Apache ?. Try renaming /maintenance.html to
/maintenance.jsp.

--
rgds
Anto Paul