Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by david hawcroft <ab...@yahoo.com> on 2002/08/26 04:39:09 UTC

Can you use Unix Perl scripts on Windows2000?

 Hi... there's a wonderful lot of free cgi perl scripts out there but
they all seem to be for unix... lots of chmod instructions and such.

 I've tried a couple and couldn't get them to run.

  Should they run on Windows 2000? What changes should I make? Can I
be directed to somewhere I can read up on this?

 Thanks for your help, guys.

  abrogard

Re: Can you use Unix Perl scripts on Windows2000?

Posted by pe...@milanese.cc.
Quoting david hawcroft <ab...@yahoo.com>:

>  Hi... there's a wonderful lot of free cgi perl scripts out there but
> they all seem to be for unix... lots of chmod instructions and such.

chmod in the usage instructions, or in the code? embedded unix commands are
generally bad etiquette, and should be handled from within perl. Probably not
the best choice for use.

>  I've tried a couple and couldn't get them to run.

What problems were you having?
Common beginner issues exist, so if that's the case, we can take it offline.

>   Should they run on Windows 2000? What changes should I make? Can I
> be directed to somewhere I can read up on this?

Shouldn't be a problem. Without more detail, it's a bit difficult to know what
you need to do.

Hope that helps-

peterm

Posted by simran <si...@leonardchristian.com>.
Do you have a perl interpreter installed (such as activeperl?)

Posted by Jim Hale <ji...@halemail.dyndns.org>.
Do you have the Windows version of the Perl Interpretor? I know that
when I used to run a YaBB Forum, it's all in Perl and it worked just
fine on a Win2K AS Box.

Hope this helps.

Jim Hale
---
'The OS Tells The PC What To Do With Itself" - Me, 1990
---
Visit Our MIDI & Digital Audio Website at http://hale.dyndns.org or Our
Forums At http://haleforum.dyndns.org