Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by Yuvraj Waswani <Yu...@tavant.com> on 2003/09/10 09:59:41 UTC

Which parser (DOM or SAX) does Axis makes use of?

Hi,

I am sending HUGE beans between my webservice and client, beans of the order
of 200 fields and arrays of other nested beans. Although I am able to run
the webservice by allocating a lot of memory to the JVM running my app
server (Weblogic 6.1) , the performance is seriously affected and sometimes
I get Out Of Memory errors.
Does anybody know which parser exactly does Axis makes use of? Is it DOM or
SAX??? My first worry is to make sure I dont get Out Of Memory Errors and
then worry about performance.
Is it possible to configure Axis to use DOM or SAX parser??

Also, what kind of performance tuning can be done with Axis? Is anybody
aware of any memory leaks in any of the Axis releases?

Thanks. Awaiting your replies.

-yuvraj

Re: Which parser (DOM or SAX) does Axis makes use of?

Posted by "Jeyakumaran.C" <jk...@vijayaba.cse.mrt.ac.lk>.
Hi yuvraj,
I feel sorry for u as I am facing the same problems.
i am sure that axis uses sax but even though it will use the memory in certain amount which leads to a memory over flow problem for big message.
Regarding to memory probs u have already followed the earlier mail chats as yr name is there.
I also have the same feeling wht those people have.
Jeyakumaran.C