Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by "Birah, Pavendip" <Pa...@bskyb.com> on 2000/06/07 18:18:42 UTC

Dav Return Content Types

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has an answer to the question below....

If I do a GET request against a directory using the IBM dav4j webdav
implementation, I get an xml response back.
If I do a similar request, but against apache mod_dav I get a html respose
back.

Would anyone happen to know what the response type for a similar reqquest is
with slide ?

Regards,

	Pav Birah

Pavendip Birah               Interactive Developer

Interactive Technologies Group
British Sky Broadcasting
Centaurs Business Park, Grant Way,
Isleworth, Middlesex, TW7 5QD

Phone : 020-7941-5331        Fax : 020-7705-3584

E-Mail : Pavendip.Birah@BSkyB.com
WWW : www.sky.com

Re: Dav Return Content Types

Posted by Remy Maucherat <re...@exoffice.com>.
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering if anyone has an answer to the question below....
>
> If I do a GET request against a directory using the IBM dav4j webdav
> implementation, I get an xml response back.
> If I do a similar request, but against apache mod_dav I get a html respose
> back.

The behavior of a server when a GET is made on a collection resource is
unspecified by WebDAV. It's up to the server implementor to decide. Usually,
a directory browse page is generated, but it's server dependant.

> Would anyone happen to know what the response type for a similar reqquest
is
> with slide ?

An (ugly) HTML directory browsing page.

Remy