Posted to user@struts.apache.org by "Marc-Andre Thibodeau XX (QB/EMC)" <ma...@ericsson.com> on 2007/06/18 22:59:43 UTC

Inconsistent client/server validation using RequiredFieldValidator

Hi there,

We noticed different behaviors between client-side and server-side validations using a RequiredFieldValidator annotation.  Using this annotation, an empty field is considered invalid when validated on the client-side, while it is accepted by the server-side validation (when javascript is not supported). It does not downgrade gracefully.

Am I missing something there or should I add a Jira issue about that?

Marc-André

Re: Inconsistent client/server validation using RequiredFieldValidator

Posted by Musachy Barroso <mu...@gmail.com>.
It shouldn't do that. A jira ticket would be welcomed :)

thanks
musachy