Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com> on 2015/11/18 02:19:44 UTC

[VOTE] staging-1069 - tomee-7.0.0-M1

This build is revision: a2d4e82a5c399130070eebd74f5c01024c724312
https://ci.apache.org/builders/tomee-trunk-ubuntu/builds/105

GIT Tag:

  release-tomee-7.0.0-M1

  git checkout -b tagged-tomee-7.0.0-M1 release-tomee-7.0.0-M1

Maven Repo:

  https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachetomee-1069/

Binaries & Source:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1069/tomee-7.0.0-M1/

Legal:

  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/tomee/staging-1069/legal/archives.html

Vote will be open for 72 hours or as needed.
Everyone may vote for the benefit of all, but only binding votes will
count - http://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html.

--
   Andy Gumbrecht
   https://twitter.com/AndyGeeDe

Re: [VOTE] staging-1069 - tomee-7.0.0-M1

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
dont get me wrong: I'm happy if anything is done on the remote resources
plugin to make it better (and I love the "more usable" idea and the
standard format). I'm just unhappy we say it is too hard to have 3 versions
depending the distribution.

Romain Manni-Bucau
<http://www.tomitribe.com>

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy <an...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andy <an...@gmx.de>.
Yes, the wording I suggested for the single notice reflects that TomEE
has multiple distributions - That was the idea ;-)
Then we can use 'one' and the 'same' notice file for each assy.

The same principle can be used for the license file.

There is not an issue including notices or licenses that are not part of
a particular package, rather that licenses are missing.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com>.
Maybe Walkmod can help on this?

El dt., 1 des. 2015 a les 15:20, Romain Manni-Bucau (<rm...@gmail.com>)

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Andy,

If you open up the issues and fix them immediately I think it's good to let
the release go.
We can release an M2 next month instead.

Jean-Louis

--
Jean-Louis Monteiro
http://twitter.com/jlouismonteiro

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jg...@tomitribe.com>.
I feel bad, because it seems like I always bring these issues up. However,
I'm inclined to agree with Romain. I personally couldn't +1 a release with
a known issue in the licence/notice files. At the moment, I'm not 100% sure
these are an issue, hence why I'm asking. I think we should answer these
for sure, and if we're 100% sure we're good, then we can push on.

Jon

Posted by Andy <an...@gmx.de>.
Nope, not consistent. Vote is cancelled. Will re-roll tonight :-(

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jg...@tomitribe.com>.
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 1:18 PM, Andy <an...@gmx.de> wrote:

> xbean-asm-shaded is dual licensed with an Apache 2.0 license, but I also
> find the following references to the ASM license:
>
> \assembly\openejb-standalone\src\main\resources\LICENSE
> \examples\LICENSE
> \itests\openejb-itests-app\src\main\application\META-INF\LICENSE
> \tomee\apache-tomee\src\main\resources\META-INF\LICENSE
> \tomee\tomee-plume-webapp\src\main\resources\META-INF\LICENSE
> \tomee\tomee-plus-webapp\src\main\resources\META-INF\LICENSE
> \tomee\tomee-webapp\src\main\resources\META-INF\LICENSE
> \utils\openejb-provisionning\src\main\legal\LICENSE

It was actually a missing NOTICE:

OW2 Consortium (http://asm.ow2.org/)

Its not in the TomEE+ binary at the very least.

> Joda time is Apache 2.0: http://joda-time.sourceforge.net/license.html -
> We are not shipping a 'Derivative Work' so the NOTICE mention is not
> 'required', just courteous. We'll add it to the next release.
>
> Not sure what you mean with java-support OWasp?

The java-support jar is this library:
https://git.shibboleth.net/view/?p=java-support.git;a=summary

I had to dig around, but I think that this notice should be present:

https://git.shibboleth.net/view/?p=java-support.git;a=blob_plain;f=doc/NOTICE.txt;hb=HEAD

Jon

Posted by Andy <an...@gmx.de>.

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jg...@tomitribe.com>.
I think it probably can.

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Can we close the vote now?

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.
Here is my +1 Andy

Posted by Jonathan Gallimore <jg...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Andy Gumbrecht <ag...@tomitribe.com>.
I have none, can you not tell I am about to explode? :-D

Posted by Jean-Louis Monteiro <jl...@tomitribe.com>.

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
Looks good so far.

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Soto <as...@gmail.com>.
Do you need any kind of help on this in terms of downloading something in
clean environment and inspect something?

El dv., 20 nov. 2015 a les 16:56, Romain Manni-Bucau (<rm...@gmail.com>)
va escriure:

Posted by Romain Manni-Bucau <rm...@gmail.com>.
Hmm