Posted to user@geronimo.apache.org by Paul McMahan <pa...@gmail.com> on 2006/03/22 16:53:44 UTC

Re: Configurint Geronimo to use DB2

On 3/22/06, VARIN, FRANCIS A. <FV...@amica.com> wrote:

> When we try to use the deploy tool we get the following response:
>
> C:\Program Files\Geronimo\geronimo-1.0>java -jar bin\deployer.jar db2-plan.xml repository\tranql\rars\tranql-connector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.rar
>

>     Error: No such command: 'db2-plan.xml'

I believe that you accidentally left out the word "deploy" in the
command between the jar file name and "db2-plan.xml".   i.e. it should
read

C:\Program Files\Geronimo\geronimo-1.0>java -jar bin\deployer.jar
deploy db2-plan.xml
repository\tranql\rars\tranql-connector-1.0-SNAPSHOT.rar

(The "deploy" command may seem redundant since the jar is named
deployer.jar but in fact it can do more things with components besides
deploying them, such as undeploy, start, stop, etc.  For more
information type "java -jar deployer.jar help")

Best wishes,
Paul

Re: Configurint Geronimo to use DB2

Posted by Fran Varin <FV...@AMICA.com>.
Thanks Paul, we gave your suggestion a try and it got us by our initial
error. We also checked the tutorial in the links I provided. Sure enough,
they are incorrect.

We are now receiving an exception on our license key. We are using DB2
connect middleware to handle the actual connection to our mainframe based
databases and we are now trying to get that to function. Interestingly, WSAD
must handle all of this under the covers. Our challenge is to get the
connection to function through Geronimo. Here is the message that we get
when we try to connect to the datasource:

com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.SqlException: The version of the IBM Universal JDBC driver
in use is not licensed for connectivity to z/OS databases.  To connect to
this DB2 server, please obtain a licensed copy of the IBM DB2 Universal
Driver for JDBC and SQLJ.  An appropriate license file db2jcc_license_*.jar
for this target platform must be installed to the application classpath.
Connectivity to z/OS databases is enabled by any of the following license
files: { db2jcc_license_cisuz.jar }

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.o.cb(o.java:2953)

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.c.o.bb(o.java:2899)

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.bb(b.java:508)

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.a.b.<init>(b.java:289)

            at com.ibm.db2.jcc.DB2Driver.connect(DB2Driver.java:162)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabasePoolPortlet.attemptConnect(DatabasePoolPortlet.java:797)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.console.databasemanager.wizard.DatabasePoolPortlet.processAction(DatabasePoolPortlet.java:321)

            at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.dispatch(PortletServlet.java:229)

            at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.doGet(PortletServlet.java:158)

            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)

            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)

            at
org.apache.pluto.core.PortletServlet.service(PortletServlet.java:153)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.invoke(ApplicationDispatcher.java:672)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.doInclude(ApplicationDispatcher.java:574)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationDispatcher.include(ApplicationDispatcher.java:499)

            at
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.invoke(PortletInvokerImpl.java:120)

            at
org.apache.pluto.invoker.impl.PortletInvokerImpl.action(PortletInvokerImpl.java:68)

            at
org.apache.pluto.PortletContainerImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerImpl.java:164)

            at
org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.core.PortletContainerWrapperImpl.processPortletAction(PortletContainerWrapperImpl.java:82)

            at org.apache.pluto.portalImpl.Servlet.doGet(Servlet.java:227)

            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:595)

            at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:688)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)

            at
org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:482)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.GeronimoStandardContext$SystemMethodValve.invoke(GeronimoStandardContext.java:272)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.DefaultSubjectValve.invoke(DefaultSubjectValve.java:46)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.PolicyContextValve.invoke(PolicyContextValve.java:50)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.TransactionContextValve.invoke(TransactionContextValve.java:53)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.ComponentContextValve.invoke(ComponentContextValve.java:47)

            at
org.apache.geronimo.tomcat.valve.InstanceContextValve.invoke(InstanceContextValve.java:60)

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)

            at

            at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)

            at
org.apache.catalina.valves.AccessLogValve.invoke(AccessLogValve.java:526)

            at

            at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)

            at
org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)

            at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)

            at
org.apache.tomcat.util.net.LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.runIt(LeaderFollowerWorkerThread.java:80)

            at

            at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)

Sent from the Apache Geronimo - Users forum at Nabble.com.