Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com> on 2013/10/17 22:31:09 UTC

CS 4.2 System VMs not starting

Hello, install Cloudstack 4.2 with KVM hypervisors, Console Proxy MV
started but I am not able to ping the private or public IP, second VM won't
start. When I ran the command
[root@kvm1 network-scripts]# virsh list
 Id    Name                           State
 2     v-2-VM                         running
 4     s-3-VM                         running

[root@kvm1 network-scripts]#

I see both VMs running; I configured zone with advance network,
guest/public network on eth0, management/storage on eth1

any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks,

Re: CS 4.2 System VMs not starting

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thank you all for your support, I was able to figure out it was a VLAN
problem, finally I was able to ping in/out of SSVMs

Thanks,

Posted by Erdősi Péter <fa...@niif.hu>.
Hi,

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.
Thanks Fazy,

Posted by Erdősi Péter <fa...@niif.hu>.
Hy,

Posted by Ahmad Emneina <ae...@gmail.com>.
Log into the vm console, can the system vm ping the respective gateways of each interface? Are the interfaces configured properly? Can you ping the management server from the system vm?

Ahmad

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by raj kumar <ra...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Erdősi Péter <fa...@niif.hu>.
Hy,

Can you try to vnc to sysvm machine?
root/password should be work, if you use the default sysvm template.

Peter

2013.10.19. 17:33 keltezéssel, motty cruz írta:
> thank you;
> I found the file :
> [root@kvm1 .ssh]# ls
> id_rsa.cloud  id_rsa.pub.cloud  known_hosts
> [root@kvm1 .ssh]#
>

> [root@kvm1 network-scripts]# ssh -i ~/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud -p 3922 169.254.2.56
> ssh: connect to host 169.254.2.56 port 3922: No route to host
> [root@kvm1 network-scripts]#
>

> I get no route to host, I'm running out of ideas. please help
>

> On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 9:15 PM, Jayapal Reddy Uradi <
> jayapalreddy.uradi@citrix.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> use the key file at /root/.ssh/id_rsa.cloud
>> If it not found, locate key file
>>

>> Thanks,
>> Jayapal
>>
>> On 18-Oct-2013, at 2:41 AM, motty cruz <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Peter,
>>> I tried the command you suggested,
>>>
>>> [root@kvm1 network-scripts]# ssh -i .ssh/id_rsa.cloud -p 3922
>> 169.254.3.53
>>> Warning: Identity file .ssh/id_rsa.cloud not accessible: No such file or
>>> directory.
>>> ssh: connect to host 169.254.3.53 port 3922: No route to host
>>> [root@kvm1 network-scripts]#
>>>
>>> do you mind providing  the config file of your vlans? I believe VLANs are
>>> not configure properly
>>> here is my management/storage bridge
>>> less ifcfg-eth1:
>>>
>>> DEVICE=eth1