Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Florin Chitu <fc...@itcnetworks.ro> on 2003/05/02 11:15:27 UTC

Formating struts iterator output

 Hi,
I'm in the team working on an eCommerce application. We are using Struts, Tomcat and mySql4.

We have most of the application completed, yet there is a problem in the View part. We are pushing back from the Action Class back to the .jsp page, in the request different beans that we then parse and display using <struts:iterator>.

The problem with it is that, as far as I know it doesn't provide much support for formatting the output. That is : if I want not only to display a list of <tr> with the products in a html table, but I want them to be displayed for instance in a table having 4 columns and 5 rows per page and also I want to be able to navigate to the next 20 products, etc... I have a problem..

My question is : has anyone encountered this situation or has any advice that I may use ? ( I still insisted in front of my team to use struts and stay away from scriplets on the formating and iteration through the products collection issues )

Thanks in advance

Florin Chitu
Software Engineer @ ITC Networks SRL
Work :    +4 021 230 6664