Posted to user@pig.apache.org by Dave Wellman <da...@tynt.com> on 2010/10/28 23:05:46 UTC

.processed file

I have seen an pig error reported in a .processed file.  I have not been able to find the documentation about what a .processed file is.  Is it akin to a .substituted file?

Re: .processed file

Posted by Corbin Hoenes <co...@tynt.com>.
This is part of something custom that we have been doing with our custom ruby PigRunner we are using.  It allows us to do this:

<!-- include file="constants.pig" -->

It includes the code from constants.pig into the script defining it.  That being said.  I am not sold on this pattern is the best way to handle this stuff in pig.