Posted to users@servicemix.apache.org by Raffaele Spazzoli <rs...@imolinfo.it> on 2006/05/24 15:12:43 UTC

how to intercept a robust InOnly error condition

Hi,
I have a XSLT lightweight component that uses as destination a ftp
sender lightweight component so:
<...something ...> -- <XSLT> -- <FTPSender>
The documentation says that the FTPSender support the robust InOnly
pattern.
I'd like to intercept the error condition/message and route it to a
tracer so the flow became:

<...something ...> -- <XSLT> -- <FTPSender> --IfInError -- <Tracer>

I guess I need to insert between the XSLT and the FTPsender a compoment
that can handle the error condition and do the routing, but what?

thanks for the help.

bye Raffaele.

Re: how to intercept a robust InOnly error condition

Posted by Guillaume Nodet <gn...@gmail.com>.
I do not think that the FTP sender will return a fault, but an error, if the
file can not be written /  uploaded.  In this case, you just need an InOnly
mep.
And you should have something like
   <XSLT> -- <proxy> -- <FTPSender>
In the proxy, which you can implement using a lightweight component (or
based on an EIP pattern like the wire-tap).
When receiving an exchange, the proxy would create another exchange and sent
it to the FTPSender.  If an error occurs, the proxy would be free to do any
processing needed, like redelivery.

I think that this could be part of the EIP component (a "redeliverer") where
we could configure the redelivery policy (exponential, max number of times,
etc).  Upon a maximum amount of retries, the proxy would send back the error
to the consumer.

Cheers,
Guillaume Nodet

--