Posted to droids-dev@incubator.apache.org by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org> on 2010/02/13 00:48:42 UTC

Droids community day

Hi all,

I would like to organize a community wide hackathon to incorporate current tickets in our code base.

Who of the committers and devs are willing to participate on such an event?

How could we organize it per IRC, Skype, etc?

salu2

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
Thorsten Scherler wrote:

> Perfect. That looks really nice. :)
>
> Let do us the day this month.
>
> Javier and I working in the same office now and we can dedicate some working time for the day as well. Our company will sponsor the event with our time. :)
>
> Quick poll how is the 30.04.2010?
>
> salu2

(From the right email address this time)

30th works for me. Would prefer something early afternoon or later GMT
time as I'm -500. But I can move my sleep around if necessary.

Richard

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
the 30th will be good for me --- though I may be in and out

onward!

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Chapuis Bertil <bc...@agimem.com>.
The 30th is ok for me too.

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@ndsu.edu>.

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
On 4/29/2010 7:11 AM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> On 28/04/2010, at 18:53, Richard Frovarp wrote:
>

>> The 30th is rapidly approaching. I'm mostly available still, just need to know what time to hop on IRC (and where).
>>
> • /server irc.freenode.org
> • /join #droids
>
> Javier and I will connect from 9:00 am (Madrid). Hope to see you all on the irc. :)
>
> salu2

How late are you two going to be on? I should be able to get on for a
couple of hours around 1:00 pm your time.

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Richard Frovarp <Ri...@ndsu.edu>.

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@apache.org>.

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Chapuis Bertil <bc...@agimem.com>.
Hello all,

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Thorsten Scherler <th...@juntadeandalucia.es>.
Hi all,
[...]

de la Información, S.A.U. (SADESI)

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Chapuis Bertil <bc...@agimem.com>.
I'd like to join too. I Really think droid is an excellent framework and I'm delighted to see it becoming more mature.

Some of the changes proposed by Mingfai are really necessary but implies deep modifications. In my opinion a good first step could be to discuss and fix the changes to perform in the API package. Then it will be more easy for everyone to provide patches and contributions.

Otherwise, Skype is good for me too.

Best regards,

Bertil Chapuis

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Mingfai <mi...@gmail.com>.

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Ryan McKinley <ry...@gmail.com>.
This seems like a great idea...

Re: Droids community day

Posted by Richard Frovarp <rf...@apache.org>.
On 2/12/2010 6:48 PM, Thorsten Scherler wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I would like to organize a community wide hackathon to incorporate current tickets in our code base.
>
> Who of the committers and devs are willing to participate on such an event?
>
> How could we organize it per IRC, Skype, etc?
>
> salu2
>

> Thorsten Scherler<thorsten.at.apache.org>
> Open Source Java<consulting, training and solutions>

I could possibly help, depending on when you have the event. Before
March 8th I'd be available from 1400 UTC on. After that I have sporadic
availability during the early day European time. IRC works for me.

Richard