Posted to dev@avalon.apache.org by "Farr, Aaron" <Aa...@am.sony.com> on 2004/06/18 21:43:57 UTC

Avalon Front Page

Hello.

I've started work on the front page.  Feedback is welcome!

Couple of notes:
   * Had issues creating image links (see JIRA CENTRAL-8)
   * Haven't started on the five minute tutorial.  What are the goals of it?
     What should they have running in five minutes?
   * Didn't create a "why-avalon" page yet either.
   * The overview.html page could probably use a few revisions
   * Can we move the Developer Tools from Central to Products?
   * Where, if anywhere, do we want to put that original avalon-merlin
     diagram I created?  Perhaps on the Merlin Runtime page?  Or
     perhaps in the new tutorial?

Thanks!

J. Aaron Farr
  SONY ELECTRONICS
  STP SYSTEMS
  (724) 696-7653

Re: Avalon Front Page

Posted by Stephen McConnell <mc...@apache.org>.
Farr, Aaron wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I've started work on the front page.  Feedback is welcome!
>
> Couple of notes:
>    * Had issues creating image links (see JIRA CENTRAL-8)
>    * Haven't started on the five minute tutorial.  What are the goals of it?
>      What should they have running in five minutes?
>    * Didn't create a "why-avalon" page yet either.
>    * The overview.html page could probably use a few revisions
>    * Can we move the Developer Tools from Central to Products?

I would prefer it if we keep dev tools out of the product section.

>    * Where, if anywhere, do we want to put that original avalon-merlin
>      diagram I created?  Perhaps on the Merlin Runtime page?  Or
>      perhaps in the new tutorial?

There is a section dealing with sub-systems which missing a lot of
content.  I think the pic would be good for introduction page to the
section of subsystems in that it will help tie concepts together.

Stephen.

RE: Avalon Front Page

Posted by Andreas Oberhack <de...@softwarefabrik.biz>.
Do you have a link to the frontpage?